Tips to Manage your Child’s Eating Disorders
Eating disorders are a common feature associated with adolescence or early childhood. However, detection of such disorders among children as young as four years of age is certainly a disturbing trend noticed by one and all.
Experts are of the opinion that parents are largely responsible for shaping their child’s physical image and eating habits. This is quiet evident from facts which reveal that children as young as five years of age who have anorexic mothers suffer from depression and are very fussy about eating their meals.
Parents need to be communicate well with their kids and at the same time need to be sensitive to the different stages of development of their child. Follow these tips to let your child enjoy the meals he or she has been skipping so often.
Parenting tips to help maintain a routine diet for your kids:
- Disengage with the idea that your kid needs psychological or medical help.
- Offer a healthy and nutritious diet for your kids. For example, include fresh fruits and vegetables in their diet.
- Never skip your meals to set an example for your kids.
- Turn off the television and encourage outdoor games and activities that will keep your child lively and fit.
- Spend quality time with your kid by either going for a walk or reading along with your kid.
- Never force your child to eat.Offer diets which is tasty and healthy for your kids.
- Never criticize your kids shape or size of his or her body.
- Always encourage free talks with your kids.
Parents need to observe and monitor the eating habits of their children or it could lead to severe health problems for their kids. Alter the eating habits of your child and make diet’s healthy and tasty for them.