Top 10 Reasons For Having Grandparents
Grandparents have much to contribute in a family setting. Although they may not enjoy the same sense of power as they did when they were parents, yet they cannot go unheard. Parents in a family may be busy with their own affairs, but the children do need the grandparents.
Grandparents often feel left out in a family, as they feel they have grown very old and nobody needs them anymore. But this is not so. Even their grown-up children, who are parents now need them as well as the children. A family is not complete if there are no grandparents. What kind of a role do grandparents play in a family setting?
Why We Need Grandparents?
- Grandparents provide considerable physical and emotional support to disabled children. They have time to take care of them and encourage and understand them
- In most families grandparents are the main source of support. For working couples, grandparents can help them to manage household chores
- Being mature in their thinking and having wide experience, grandparents can guide the children well as well as the adults in the family
- Parents’ stress level is less when they have grandparents around
- Grandparents can provide the necessary attention to the child, which far too busy parents are unable to do so
- Some grandparents do contribute financially to the family. They share their wealth with the adults and with children also
- Unconditional love is showered on the grandchildren by the grandparents
- Adolescents can freely discuss their future plans with their grandparents. They can help them in their career decisions
- Because of the generation gap, grandparents often take more interest in the activities of the youngsters. They can provide a shoulder to cry upon
- During times of family upheaval and breakdown, grandparents can provide the necessary stability for the survival of the family
A family is complete if grandparents are around. Children love playing with them and teenagers find much solace in them. Parents can seek their advice on family matters. Grandparental love is a source of much happiness.