Tips to improve Physical Skills in your Child
Parents shower their kids with different toys that teach them cognitive skills such as counting and the alphabet. As a parent, you engage your child in various mind stimulating activities and games to improve skills. You do many things to nourish and stimulate your child’s intellectual activities, but the physical aspect should not be overlooked. Here are certain points to keep in mind to ensure that your child is well adjusted physically.
- The first thing is to engage your kid in physically challenging exercises.
- If you have a toddler, it is good for him to crawl and roll over than to be in your arms all the time.
- Encourage physical activity by giving a young child colorful toys to reach for when crawling or taking those first steps.
- Older children can run around the backyard or play hide and seek.
- Playing together bonds the parent with a child and is good exercise for both of you.
- Physical exercise helps strengthen muscles.
- Provide toys that enhance fine and gross motor activities.
- Riding a bike or a scooter helps improve fine motor skills.
- Fine motor skills can also be developed by helping your child to build with blocks.
- A well balanced and a nutritious diet should be provided.
- Energy giving foods like carbohydrates that are found in bread and rice should be encouraged.
- Calcium and vitamin D are found in milk and are very important for growing children.
- Do not give kids too much junk food that adds nothing to their diet but empty calories.
- Consult your child’s pediatrician about the right diet for your child.