Child Obesity Prevention
Child obesity is a serious issue and it is important your child loses weight before it becomes a long-term health problem. In this article, we will discuss some of the tips to prevent child obesity.
Some of the tips to prevent child obesity are:
- Try to limit the number of calories your child drinks. For example, an intake of juice and soda in excessive amounts can result in weight gain. It is advisable to limit the intake of these drinks to just 4-6 ounces and also ensure that your child drinks 100 % fruit juice till the time they reach the age of 6 years. In general, the extra sugar and caffeine in many sodas is not recommended for children.
- An excessive intake of milk can also result in making your child overweight. So it is advisable to give your child about 16-24 ounces of milk per day, which is sufficient in fulfilling all of his nutritional requirements.
- Make sure that the frequent meals of fast food are avoided.
- Avoid forcing your child to finish all the food on his plate. The important thing you must teach your child is to eat healthy foods and to stop eating as soon as he is full.
- Encourage your child to exercise regularly or participate in physical activity like baseball, soccer etc.
- Restrict excessive sedentary activities like watching television or playing video and computer games.
- Avoid snacking while watching television as it will limit amount of nutritious food he may eat at meals. Make sure that you do not talk too about diet and calories with your child as it may harm the eating habits of your child and can even result in eating disorders as well.