How To Build Child’s self Esteem?
The development of self esteem in a child is a difficult task, but it is the responsibility of the parent to develop the feeling of self-worth in the child. This will help the child in setting out to try new things which will ultimately help in developing a future of their own.
Tips to Build Child’s Self Esteem:
Some of the tips which can be followed in developing the child’s self esteem are:
- Develop a sense of connectivity with the child. Frequent physical touch and lots of loving words from parents help in developing this connectivity.
- Make sure to create activities and opportunities in the house which will help a child realize that he or she is an important and functional member of the family.
- Teach good conversational and social skills through direct teaching, guided practice, and just talking to them. These will help build positive interactions with others.
- Tell stories about the family, its heritage, and ancestors’ nationality in a positive manner.
- Encourage and develop a feeling of uniqueness in children. Children need to have a feeling that they have some special talent or quality about them.
- Give a child the opportunity to express himself in his own way. Respect his or her feelings and thoughts. This will help him learn respect for others as well.
- Give much encouragement to the curiosity, imagination and creativity of a child. Give motivation for a child to satisfy their curiosity with learning and enjoy that learning process as well.