How to Deal with Hyperactive Children
Parenting is no easy task, particularly when you have a hyperactive child. Below you’ll find some tips on how to manage your hyperactive child.
In general, hyperactive children never run out of energy. After one minute you see him under table,
it is quite possible to see your child on the table in the next second. Here are some tips to help:
- Set limits. Let them know that you are serious whenever you tell them to behave.
- Decrease the amount of the sugar in their food. According to many researches, sugar increases the energy.
- Do not let them drink anything with caffeine. It also increases the energy. Arrange space for them to relax and become calm. Make sure that the place is peaceful.
- Teach your child to take a deep breath when she has difficulty controlling herself.
- Let him get plenty of exercise. This will wear him out and help him relax.
- Utilizing massage can also be beneficial in aiding your child’s relaxation.
- When all else fails, consult your child’s pediatrician. Your child may benefit from medication to reduce her hyperactivity.