Parenting a Sensitive Child
Are you a parent? Do you have a child? Is he/she sensitive? So, do you know that a sensitive child takes what people say to his/her heart directly? Yes, they actually think and act with their heart. They worry too much about everything.
They always worry about other’s thoughts about them. They also have some problems in making decisions. In fact, mostly, they are very creative. But, sometimes being sensitive can forestall this creativity.
- If you have a sensitive child, then you have more on your shoulders than other parents have. The first thing that you need to be careful about is your words and way of speaking. Since they take everything to their heart, you need to choose your words very carefully and arrange the tone of your voice with the same sensibility.
- Since he/she is sensitive, they might feel ashamed all the time. So, do not force him/her to step on anything that they have hesitation about. Let him/her take some time to focus. We are quite sure that your child would do this when he/she feels ready to do it.
- They need much more time to get used to new events or activities. So, do not over-fill your child’s agenda. Give your child some time to think about it and decide if she/he wants to join.
- When they try to talk to someone, they would feel ashamed. You need to encourage your child. Your child needs to know what he/she is capable of. Tell him/her that he/she can do that.
- You should organize some events or activities that could make them realize their potential. For example, if he/she has a good memory, then get him/her some toys that include some memory games.
Having a sensitive child gives you extra tasks. Whatever you do, just make him/her feel that you are always there. This is because you are the person the child needs most. .