Baby Car Seat Covers and Tips on How to Make It
Many parents realize that they need car seat covers for their baby. Babies are usually transported by car, and it is the best way to keep them safe. Also, it is a very natural feeling for parents to protect their child. Considering the possibility of their babies getting injured, it is also a very clever and useful invention.
They come in so many different styles. Some of them offer you a very fantastic value. You also have the option to change the look of the seat cover as well.
It is very useful to keep the baby warm in winter. It is very possible to keep them safe, warm, and comfortable all at the same time.
Now, we can see how to make one of these.
- The first thing that you need to do is measure the size of the seat. You need to add 10-12 inches because extra fabric will be needed to cover it totally.
- Secondly, you need to choose the fabric that you would like use. Cotton and leather would be perfect options for you. These could be washed, and they allow the skin to breathe, especially the cotton ones.
- Now, you need to choose a pattern. If you draw it on paper, it will be easier because if you cut the fabric wrong, it might be unusable. That is why you should add 5 inches more for both sides. Now, you can cut it. You can use a stencil.
- You need to place the stencil carefully. The best way is to pin the fabric and stencil together. After you afix them, you can start to cut.
- Now, it is time to stitch the cover. You can use a sewing machine if you have one or you can do it by hand. You need to stitch from the sides.
- Cut an opening for the baby’s face.
- You need to attach Velcro tape or elastic. Velcro tape is recommended because elastic could cause some problems.
- To fix the car seat cover to the car, you need to use elastic for the borders.
Hopefully this information will help you make your own baby car cover seat. You and your baby can now have a safe and comfortable trip.