Choose Wooden Baby Toys
Toys should be fun and it should serve to develop babies’ growing brains. It should be enjoyable, non-toxic and healthy.. For this reason, many mothers often prefer wooden baby toys over plastic ones.
- First, you need to look for CE mark on the label of the toy. It says that the toy is from European or North American manufacturers and it meets health and safety requirements.
- Consider the age of the baby, especially if you are buying an educational toy. Some toys are specifically made for particular ages.
- Make sure that the toy has smooth edges and no small pieces that can fall off. Children, especially babies, love putting things in their mouth. Sharp edges are very dangerous and children may swallow and choke on small pieces.
- The toy should be fun and educational at the same time. Babies must have fun while learning If they lose their interest in the toy, its educational benefit will be gone too.
- You can also think about the making an investment for the future with the toy. If the toy is made from a good wood, it generally lasts longer than a regular plastic toy.
Here are some tips for choosing a great toy:
- The toys with natural noises and movement hold the attention of newborns best. Make sure it is light enough for them to hold.
- Newborns enjoy with wooden baby toys that are brightly colored.
- Wooden spoons and teething rings are perfect for hand to month movement and for developing coordination.
- Colorful wooden alphabet toys are perfect for toddlers learning the alphabet..
- You can also go for small wooden puzzles which are ten or fifteen pieces. It will help young children develop their memory and problem solving skills.